Yala is the southernmost province of Thailand. The southern part of the borders of Kedah and Perak of Malaysia.
Yala is about 1,084 kilometers south from Bangkok.
Historically Pattani province was the center of the semi independent Malay Sultanate of Pattani, but paying tribute to the Thai Kingdoms of Sukhothai and Ayutthaya. After Ayutthaya fell in to the Burmese in 1767, Sultanate of Patani gained full independence but under King Rama I again came under Siam’s control.
In 1909, it was annexed by Siam as part of Anglo Siamese Treaty of 1909 negotiated with the British Empire. Along with Narathiwat, Yala was originally part of Pattani province but they were split off and became provinces of their own. There is a separatist movement in Yala, which after being dormant for many years erupted again in 2004. The British Foreign and Commonwealth Office advises against all but essential travel in the province.
– Yala Center Mosque
– Wat Khuhaphimuk or Wat Na Tham Temple
– Tham Mae Nang Montol Cave
– Namtok Suthailai Waterfall
– Sakai Village
– Namtok Buke Pilo or Namtok Tawan Ratsami Waterfall
– Phra Mahathat Chedi Phraphutthathammaprakat Temple
– The Largest Mailbox in Thailand
– The Swift
– Betong Hot Spring
– Piyamit Tunnel
– Bala-Hala Forest
Events & Festival :
– Asean Java Songbird Contest
– The City Pillar Ceremony
– Yala Product and Cultural Revival Festival
Wat Tham Khuha Sawan Temple at foot of Khao Khuha Sawan near Phatthalung market is a cave with a buddhist temple inside. This temple was built in the Ayutthaya period. It was later upgraded to be the first royal temple in the province. Buddha image are enshrined along the wall, a large reclining Buddha image and another in a sitting posture. The cave walls and entrance are full of initials of many kings and royal family members, Kings Rama V and Rama VII both visited the cave.
Phatthalung is one of the southern province of Thailand. The province is located on the Malay Peninsula. To the east it borders the large shallow Songkhla lake, while the west is covered by mountains of the Nakorn Si Thammarat.
Phatthalung was formerly know as Mardelong in Malay, especially during the time when the reign came under Muslim influence. During the reign of King Ramathibodi I of the Ayutthaya kingdom in the 14 th century King Rama I submit the city to the Ministry of Defense, which was responsible for all the southern provinces. During the administrative reform by King Chulalongkorn Phatthalung became part of the Monthon Nakorn Si Thammarat.
– Wat Ku Ha Saawan Temple
– Khao Ok Talu
– Had San Suk Lampam Beach
– Laem Chong Thanon
– Prai Wan Waterfall
– Tham Matcha Pla Won Cave
– Pha Pueng
– Ang Nam Hu Rae
– Wat Wang Temple
– Wat Khian Bang Kaeo Temple
Events & Festival :
– Tale Noi Bird Watching Festival
– Khaeng Phon Lak Pha or Chak Phra Tradition
Phra Maha Chedi Si Rajakarn (The 4 great pagodas), a group of four huge pagodas surrounded by a white wall Thai-Chinese style sheltered gates decorated with colour-glazed tiles and Chinese rockery guardians. The pagodas consist of Phra Maha Chedi located in Wat Pho Temple ( The reclining Buddha Image Temple) , This temple situated in the heart of Bangkok next to the royal grand palace, facing to the east of Chao Phraya river, easily be access by car, bus and boat.
The 4 great pagodas built in the order of the past Thai kings :
– The green one in the middle named “Phra Maha Chedi Sri Sanphetchadayan” was built in the order of King Rama 1th for containing the core of the huge standing Buddha image name “Phra Sri Sanphetchadayan” covered with the real gold with was stolen and burnt down in the second fall of Ayutthaya kingdom in 1767 from Wat Phra Sri Sanphet Temple”, the ancient capital of Ayutthaya kingdom.
– The white pagoda named ” Phra Maha Chedi Dilokthammakorakanithan” was built in the order of the King Rama 3rd for dedicating to his father, King Rama 2nd.
– The yellow pagoda name “Phra Maha Chedi Manibatborikarn” was built in the order of the King Rama 3rd for dedicating to himself .
– The blue pagoda named “Phra Maha Chedi Song Phra Sri Suriyothai” was built in the order of King Rama 4th for commemorating his own reign. The pagoda is the replica of pagoda named ” Phra Chedi Sri Suriyothai”, the ancient capital city of Ayutthaya King dom. This pagoda is architecturally different from the first 3 pagoda mentioned as it is identified as 12 indented corners pagoda surrounded with niches on 4 sides.
Al the 4 great pagodas are 41 meters height, built with brick and mortar richly covered with colorful glazed tiles and elaborately decorated with the Chinese porecelains.
After construction of these pagodas, King Rama 4th (Mongkul) also ordered all four pagodas to be enclosed and surrounded with the boundary so as to leave no space for more pagodas, as these four kings of the Chakri Dyanasty were live and met each other in the same period of time and no more pagoda was required.
Wat Kampang Lang Temple is situated in Tarab district, Phetchaburi province. The main construction in Wat Kampang Lang is the temple in Mahayana style which had aged since 18th B.E. Architecture style display the influence of Khmer Art in Bayon stlye which is the same age a Chaivoraman the sventh reign. These constructions were built from late rite stucco motifs in composed of a main shrine and four different directions with a wall surrounding.
– Man Shire is situated in the middle of the other four directions. It had recessed square layout with four directions entrance. Above the entrances were archways. The lintel and the gable were completely destroyed. Assumed that there was a portico in every direction to go with the other four shrines. Main shrine itself was composed of the ground, the building and the top. The ground was built three stories double up. The building was recessed square layout to go with the ground. The Southern and the Western side of the main shrine still remain some of stucco motifs. The top was completely destroyed, but still realized that was built stories descending order. The lotus statue was in the top.
– The Wall was built from late rite surrounding the historical monument in square layout. The characteristic of the wall consists of the outer platform having both the interior and exterior texture.
The pathway between the main shrine and the Eastern shrine was excavated which assume that there should have the other pathway in the other side.
In the present, the main shrine in establishing the late rite sculpture of the Buddha in Ayudthaya period from Wat Kudee Thong, Mueng district, Phetchaburi province, (B.E. 2498) The southern shrine is established the reclining Buddha and the other sculpture of the Buddha. The Fine Art Department was announced to register Wat Kampang Lang to be National Historical Monument in the Government Gazette issue 52nd chapter 75th at March 8th, 1935 (B.E. 2478)
Mu Ko Surin for the many year Mu Ko Surin was an unspoiled group of Island, acting as a gypsies. In this situation the islands provoked little interest and for a long time were recorded as a National Forest Reserve by the Royal Forest Department. But on 30th December 1971 the National Committee on Animal Reservation and Protection suggested that the islands should become a wildlife sanctuary. This was thwarted when it was realized that the islands occurred within the exploratory area leased to Weeks Petroleum Ltd. An alternative plan then proposed to develop the islands a Vietnamese refugee camp. This idea was rejected as it was realized that the trans location and support of so many people in such a fragile environment would soon result in damage to the islands pristine land and marine habitats. The Royal Forest Department appreciated the islands unique nature and their tourist and research potential. Thus the Royal Forest Department oppose the development of the islands and instead proposed the establishment of a national park to protect the area. Mu Ko Surin was eventually gazetted as the 29th National park of Thailand on 9th July 1981.
Surin Islands comprise of five main island, including 2 large islands consisting of the northern surin island and southern surin island which located very adjacent like the twin island. They are separated by the 200 meters width shallow sea. In the low tide period, you can walk across to the other island or so-called “cuted channel bay” The other three islands are the rock islands with some dwarf trees. Plants that found here are the rainforest plants. They are one source of the big and best fertile shallow coral reef of Thailand.
Phang Nga is one of the southern province of Thailand, on the shore to the Andaman Sea, to the south of the Phuket province, but without land boundary to Phang Nga.
The province is located on the west side of the Malay Peninsula, and includes many island of the Phang Nga Bay. The most famous one is the so-called James Bond Island, a needle formed limestone rock in the sea. It is located 788 kilometers from Bangkok and covered an area of 4,170 square kilometers.
Phang Nga was originally inhabited by small communities and named Kraphu -Nga. During the reign of King Rama II, nearby areas (including Thalang, now known as Phuket) were occupied by the Burmese and so many people fled to Kraphu-nga. In 1824, Siamese troops defeated the Burmese and the invaders were expelled. King Rama III renamed the area Phang Nga and in 1933 the town was expanded to be a province.
- Phang Nga Bay or Ao Phang Nga National Park
- Ko Panyi Island
- Mu Ko Similan National Park
- Mu Ko Surin National Park
- Khao Lak Lam Lu National Park
- Ko Phra Thong Island
- Khao Lampi Hat Thai Mueang National Park
- Wat Suwannakhuha Temple
- Ko Yao Island
- Hat Khao Lak Beach
- Wat Rat Upphatham or Wat Bang Riang Temple located in Tambon Bang Riang, the temple situated on Khao Lan hill, contains several structures including an elaborated bell-shaped pagoda called Chedi Phutthathambanlue. The hilltop pagoda overlooks surrounding undulating mountains and hills as well as a huge Buddha image and a Guan Yin Chinese Goddess statue.
Events & Festival :
- Manora or Nora
- Shadow Play
- Li Ke Pa
- Water Melon Day
- Free The turtles Fair
- Songkran Festival
- The Mar Jor Poh Statue Procession
- The Chao Ley Boat Floating Festival
- The worshipping ceremony of Narayana and his flowers
- Vegetarian Festival
- Amazing Phang Nga Festival : High Season opening in Phang Nga
The Pattani Central Mosque within the Mueang Municipality of Pattani was constructed during the administration of Field Marshal Sarit Dhanarath and inaugurated on May 3, 1963. Built in the Islamic architectural style, it is the venue for praying ceremony during major Islamic days. A visit to the Central Mosque is a ” must” for every visitor who should not miss the opportunity to see the great beauty of the structure.
Wat Mujalinthavapi Wiharn formerly called Wat Tuyong, Wat Mujalinthavapi Wiharn is about 10 kms. from Pattani town. His Majesty King Chulalongkorn, during his visit to the Malay Peninsula n 1890, made a stop at Mueang Nongjik and visited Wat Tuyong. He donated his own money to build the ordinational hall and erect the letters Joh. Pho. Roh, his initials over the gable, the name being changed at the same time to Wat Mujalinthavapi wiharn.
Pattani is the one of the southern province of Thailand,located on the Malay Peninsula, with the coast of the Gulf of Thailand in the north. In the south mountainous landscape with the Sankalakhiri mountain range, including the Budo Su Ngai Padi National Park, is located at the border to Yala and Narathiwat.
- Phra Thepyanmoli Museum
- Khatichon Witthaya Museum
- Pattani Center Mosque
- City Pillar Shrine
- Krue Se Mosque
- Chao Mae Lim Ko Niao Graveyard and Cho Mae Lim Ko Niao Shrine
- Hat Talo Kapo Beach
- Laem Tha Chi or Laem Pho
- Yarang Ancient Town
- Wat Mutharinthawapiwihan Temple
- King Rama VII Pavillion
- Wat Chang Hai Rat Buranaram Temple
- Namtok Sai Khao National Park
- Hat Sai Chai Bueang Ban Raweng
Events & Festival :
- Chak Phra Festival
- Chao Mae Lim Ko Niao Fair
- Fishing Sports in Sai Buri