Laem Phom Thep Cape

Laem Phom Thep Cape is a headland forming the extreme south end of Phuket. “Phrom” is Thai for the Hindu term “Brahma”, signifying purity, and “Thep” is Thai for “God”. From Rawai Beach turn right and go for 2 kms. The caps has tall cliffs on the south, Local villagers used to refer to the cape as “Laem Chao”. or the God’s Cape, and it was an easily recognizable landmark for the early seafarers traveling up the Malay Peninsula from the sub continent. The cliffs running down to the boulders at the sea is a line of palm trees. Emerald green currents swirl in the deep water and breakers hurl themselves in vain against the rocky point : it is one of Phuket’s most inspiring vistas. From Phomthep Cape, which is the most beautiful place to catch Phuket’s famous sunset, a road leads northwest to Nai Han Beach.

Two Heroins Monument

Two Heroins Monument a famous monument in Amphoe Thalang, is the memorial statue of the heroines Thao Thepkasattri (Kunying Jan) and Thao Sisunthon (Mook), who rallied islanders in 1785 to repel Burmese invaders. As the island’s governor had just died, organizing Phuket’s defense against the Burmese invasion of 1785 was conducted by his widow, Thao Thepkasattri. With her sister’s help, they assembled what forces they had, then cleverly disguised local women as male soldiers, thus appearing to increase Phuket’s military manpower. After a month’s siege, the Burmese invaders became exhausted and retreated. King Rama i awarded Kunyin Jan with the royal title of Thao Thepkasattri.


Phuket formerly known as “Talang”, is one of the southern province of Thailand. Neighbouring province are Phang Nga and Krabi, but Phuket is an island there are no land boundaries.  It is situated off the west coast of Thailand in the Andaman Sea. Phuket formerly derived its wealth from tin and rubber, and enjoyed a rich and colorful history. The island was on one of the major trading routes between India and China, and was frequently mentioned in foreign ship logs of  Portuguese, French, Dutch and English traders. The region now derives much of its income from tourism.

Phuket is the biggest island in Thailand, located in the Andaman Sea of southern of Thailand. The island is mostly mountainous with a mountain range in the west of the island form the  north to the south.

Located approximately 862 kilometers south of Bangkok is Phuket Thailand’s largest island, which is often dubbed as the pearl of the Andaman, or the pearl of the south. Its natural resources rocky peninsular, limestone cliffs, white powdery beaches, tranquil broad bays and tropical in-land forests contribute to making it the south’s wealthiest, busiest, most vistited and most popular island and province.
Attraction :

– Two Heroins Monument

– Talang National Musuem

– Hat Patong Beach

– Hat Karon Beach

– View Point

– Laem Phomthep

– Wat Chalong Temple

– Khao Phra Thaeo Wildlif

Events & Festival :

– Thao Thep Krasattri and Thao Sri Sunthorn

– Vegetarian Festival

– Laguna Phuket Triathlon

– Phuket Travel Fair

– Phuket  King’s Cup Regatta

– Chao Le Boat Floating Festival

Phra Mahathat Chedi Phra Phutthathammaprakat

Phra Mhathat Chedi Phutthathmmaprakat , located is on a hilltop in Betong center, on the ground of Wat Phutthathiwat, Rattanakit Road, The pagoda is built in the modern Sivijaya style, covered in gold color. It is 39.9 meters high, built to commemorate the 69th birthday anniversary of Her Majesty the Queen. From the pagoda one can see all of the temple ground and part of Betong city center.

Wat Khuhaphimuk Temple

Wat Khuhaphimuk Temple or Wat Na Tham, this temple is one of the three most revered places of the south, along with Phra Borommathat at Nakhon Si Thammarat and Phra Borommathat Chaiya at Surat Thani, signifying the importance of Buddhism in the area since the Srivijaya period. This temple is located in Tambon Na Tham, about 8 kilometers from the city, on the road to Amphoe Yaha, A stream runs through the ground of the temple. A figure of a giant, made in B.E. 2484 and named by the villagers as Chao Khao, protects the entrance of the cave that house the reclining Buddha image. Inside the cave is a large chamber that has been converted into a religious are, with an opening in the rood of the cave that lets in the sunlight. The reclining Buddha has been estimated to have been made in B.E. 1300, around the Srivijaya period that is 81 feet and one inch long. It is believed that the sculpture was in the Sleeping Narai posture but later modified into the Hinayana reclining Buddha.

Sakai Village

Sakai Village, The Sakai live at Moo 3, Tambon Ban Rae, about 80 kilometers on the road to Betong. The Sakai is an ancient namad tribe who exists on hunting and gathering, is an expert on herbal plants and using darts for hunting. Their dwellings were originally made of bamboo, with thatch roof. Recently the Department of Social Work has developed the village by segregating the Sakai in one area and introduced rubber planting as their occupation. The Department also asked the Princess Mother for naming of the group with the family name of Si Than To. At present, there are a fes of the Sakai left at this village, the rest of the group has moved to other areas.


Yala is the southernmost  province of Thailand. The southern part of the borders of Kedah and Perak of Malaysia.

Yala is about 1,084 kilometers south from Bangkok.

Historically Pattani province was the center of the semi independent Malay Sultanate of Pattani, but paying tribute to the Thai Kingdoms of Sukhothai and Ayutthaya. After Ayutthaya fell in to the Burmese in 1767, Sultanate of Patani gained full independence but under King Rama I again came under Siam’s control.

In 1909, it was annexed by Siam as part of Anglo Siamese Treaty of 1909 negotiated with the British Empire. Along with Narathiwat, Yala was originally part of Pattani province but they were split off and became provinces of their own. There is a separatist movement in Yala, which after being dormant for many years erupted again in 2004. The British Foreign and Commonwealth Office advises against all but essential travel in the province.

Attraction :

– Yala Center Mosque

– Wat Khuhaphimuk or Wat Na Tham Temple

– Tham Mae Nang Montol Cave

– Namtok Suthailai Waterfall

– Sakai Village

– Namtok Buke Pilo or Namtok Tawan Ratsami Waterfall

– Betong

– Phra Mahathat Chedi Phraphutthathammaprakat Temple

– The Largest Mailbox in Thailand

– The Swift

– Betong Hot Spring

– Piyamit Tunnel

– Bala-Hala Forest

Events & Festival :

– Asean Java Songbird Contest

– The City Pillar Ceremony

– Yala Product and Cultural Revival Festival

Wat Tham Khuha Sawan Temple

Wat Tham Khuha Sawan Temple at foot of Khao Khuha Sawan near Phatthalung market is a cave with a buddhist temple inside. This temple  was built in the Ayutthaya period. It was later upgraded to be the first royal temple in the province. Buddha image are enshrined along the wall, a large reclining Buddha image and another in a sitting posture. The cave walls and entrance are full of initials of many kings and royal family members, Kings Rama V and Rama VII both visited the cave.


Phatthalung is one of the southern province of Thailand. The province is located on the Malay Peninsula. To the east it borders the large shallow Songkhla lake, while the west is covered by mountains of the Nakorn Si Thammarat.

Phatthalung was formerly know as Mardelong in Malay, especially during the time when the reign came under Muslim influence. During the reign of King Ramathibodi I of the Ayutthaya kingdom in the 14 th century King Rama I submit the city to the Ministry of Defense, which was responsible for all the southern provinces. During the administrative reform by King Chulalongkorn Phatthalung became part of the Monthon Nakorn Si Thammarat.

Attraction :

– Wat Ku Ha Saawan Temple

– Khao Ok Talu

– Had San Suk Lampam Beach

– Laem Chong Thanon

– Prai Wan Waterfall

– Tham Matcha Pla Won Cave

– Pha Pueng

– Ang Nam Hu Rae

– Wat Wang Temple

– Wat Khian Bang Kaeo Temple

Events & Festival :

– Tale Noi Bird Watching Festival

– Khaeng Phon Lak Pha or Chak Phra Tradition

Phra Maha Chedi Si Rajakarn (The 4 great pagodas)

Phra Maha Chedi Si Rajakarn (The 4 great pagodas), a group of four huge pagodas surrounded by a white wall Thai-Chinese style sheltered gates decorated with colour-glazed tiles and Chinese rockery guardians. The pagodas consist of Phra Maha Chedi located in Wat Pho Temple ( The reclining Buddha Image Temple) , This temple situated in the heart of Bangkok next to the royal grand palace, facing to the east of Chao Phraya river, easily be access by car, bus and boat.

The 4 great pagodas built in the order of the past Thai kings :

– The green one in the middle named “Phra Maha Chedi Sri Sanphetchadayan” was built in the order of King Rama 1th for containing the core of the huge standing Buddha image name “Phra Sri Sanphetchadayan”  covered with the real gold with was stolen and burnt down in the second fall of Ayutthaya kingdom in 1767 from Wat Phra Sri Sanphet  Temple”, the ancient capital of Ayutthaya kingdom.

– The white pagoda named  ” Phra Maha Chedi Dilokthammakorakanithan” was built in the order of the King Rama 3rd for dedicating to his father, King Rama 2nd.

– The yellow pagoda name  “Phra Maha Chedi Manibatborikarn”  was built in the order of the King Rama 3rd for dedicating to himself .

– The blue pagoda named “Phra Maha Chedi Song Phra Sri Suriyothai” was built in the order of King Rama 4th  for commemorating his own reign. The pagoda is the replica of pagoda named ” Phra Chedi Sri Suriyothai”, the ancient capital city of Ayutthaya King dom. This pagoda is architecturally different from the first 3 pagoda mentioned as it is identified as 12 indented corners pagoda surrounded with niches on 4 sides.

Al the 4 great pagodas are 41 meters height, built with brick and mortar richly covered with colorful glazed tiles and elaborately decorated with the Chinese porecelains.

After construction of these pagodas, King Rama 4th (Mongkul) also ordered all four pagodas to be enclosed and surrounded with the boundary so as to leave no space for more pagodas, as these four kings of the Chakri Dyanasty were live and met each other in the same period of time and no more pagoda was required.